30.4.10

One Straight Jacket, Size Small




More than once recently, I have thought that the world has gone fucking mad. There are too many examples to cite from our collective cultural crap hole so I'll spare you. But you live on this planet, you know what I am talking about don't you?

I am not sure if it is the madness that has kept me away from blogging for a year or if it has brought me back. But I can say one thing for certain: living in a house with two children four years old and nearly two years old combine with my live-in nanny who is a raging born again Christian, and the fact that I still don't have any friends here, my desire to cruse, be rude, irreverent, and an all around heathen during the 9 to 5 work day was starting to drive me to distraction. Where else but over here at the SWC Headquarters can I be all of these things and more?

In addition to wanting to say "Oh Fuck!" every once in awhile, I also came back because we had the occasional good times over here, haven't we?



And speaking of "over here," I forgot to mention that I was transfered from the gated community on the hill to a mini-mansion on a private cove over-looking a bay. I know, sounds exciting but really, this place is just one big padded cell.

And hey, I am about to become a mother of three so y'all know I am a bit "touched" as the polite ladies in the American South used to say.

If there is anyone out there, throw me a bone. What has been driving you nuts since you last graced the halls the SWC visiting room?

Image by Annalucylle/flickr


4 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

The pimple that just appeared on my chin overnight is driving me pretty f'ing mad, how can I be 41 and still getting pimples?

Just remember - if you nanny can be converted to christianity, she can also be converted to heathenism - there is a challenge for you!

Social Papillonne said...

Am driven crazy by the idea women do not dress well because they don't/won't take time for themselves. People of Walmart is a great bad example of why most women look to other countries/New York for tips on how to look great.

Am also driven crazy by the fact Puritanical believes still roam free.

ckb said...

My babysitter canceled on me on Saturday night because she thinks she suddenly has the same seizure disorder as my son.

It's not fucking contagious.

Sweet Batik said...

Just found your blog. Our kids are pretty much almost the same age. I hope you feel much better by now..

Share the Love, Dina @ http://blog.sweetbatik.com